“Be flexible and open to other resorts, destinations or travel dates that provide the experience sought”
7Across Getaway Guide Tanya Curtis gives her top suggestions for how members can get the most out of their vacation time each year with timeshare.
Timeshare or Club owners have 3 choices in using their holiday time each year:
- Use it at their home resort
- Exchange it via a preferred exchange provider
- Place it in the rental pool
For owners, it is imperative to be fully up to date with ownership status to ensure weekly entitlements, Points or Credits (depending on ownership type) are not lost.
When exchanging, we encourage members to be flexible with dates, locations and unit size. There are many locations around the world that give great similar experiences.
So think about the kind of holiday experience you want (rather than being stuck on a particular resort): Coastal, Culinary, Historical, Architectural, Adventure, Culture, Flop & Drop.
Exchange companies don’t operate the same as hotels when it comes to availability. We are dependent on other members and holiday time owners choosing to exchange their holiday time, which in turn becomes our available inventory.
Top Tricks and Things to Remember
• Plan in advance
• Be flexible and open to other resorts, destinations or travel dates that provide the experience sought
• Avoid peak periods i.e. Christmas and School Holidays and seasonal destinations
• Inventory only becomes available to 7Across if the member chooses to exchange via 7Across
I recommend planing in advance is the key, wait list your request 12 months in advance, be flexible with your choice of resort and upgrade to the Gold Advantage to get priority. If you can holiday at the last minute always check our website for last minute cancellations sold for a bargain price as a bonus week Shelley, 7Across Getaway Guide